Hi there, MBTB Tasting Room fans!
We've been hearing from so many of you who are revved up about our second location in Royal Oak. Believe us, we are too!
As is often the case in business and construction, we ran into some minor issues that set us back a bit from our anticipated opening schedule. Thankfully, we are back on track, and everything is moving along.
Our new target date for throwing the doors open to the public is Wednesday, Dec. 3. We'll also be having a big grand opening celebration in December or January with all kinds of special deals and festivities — stay tuned for details!
As many of you who have been following us for a while know, opening this second location has been a long road. The full story of the obstacles we ran into along the way would bore you to tears, and we choose to keep our thoughts and focus on staying positive and looking forward. All that matters now is that we're almost there. We can't wait to step behind the bar in Royal Oak and introduce you — or re-introduce you — to fantastic wine from throughout our great state!
In the meantime, our original location in Shelby Township is humming along better than ever before. As we head into our second full holiday season here, we have plenty of fun coming up, including:
- Spooktacular Sips (Fri, Oct. 31, 12-10 p.m.): Free samples of Night of the Living Red or Revenge of the Living Red (semi-sweet seasonal spiced wines) for all. Get a free Detroit Chocolat truffle with any purchase when you wear a costume. Open to the public.
- Ladies' Night Out Vendor Fair (Wed, Nov. 12, 5-9 p.m.): Sip while you shop from a variety of vendors selling jewelry, home decor, snacks, accessories, apparel and more. Open to the public.
- Gobble & Guzzle Customer Appreciation Day (Sat, Nov. 15, 12-10 p.m.): Try your choice of one of three free samples of Thanksgiving-favorite wines. Get 10% off your take-home bottle purchases when you bring back your MBTB tote from a previous visit and refill it will at least four new bottles. Plus: Special contests! Open to the public.
- Black Friday By The Bottle (Fri, Nov. 28, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.): Doorbuster sales, expanded case discounts and a flurry of specials. Free mimosa samples and breakfast bread bites while supplies last. Some sales extend into Small Business Saturday and beyond. Open to the public.
- Mindo Chocolate Makers Holiday Chocolate Event (Mon, Dec. 1, 7-9 p.m.): Stay tuned for details. Space limited; pre-register with payment. Registration opening soon.
- Second Annual Christmas Eve Eve Celebration (Tues, Dec. 24): Stay tuned for details. Open to the public.
- Tasting & Tunes Live Music (every Fri, 7-9:30 p.m.): Sessions in December will be holiday-themed! No cover charge. Open to the public.
- Special Holiday Hours (Mon/Tues, Dec. 22-23 and Dec. 29-30): We'll be open some extra days/hours leading up to Christmas and New Year's. Stay tuned for details. Open to the public.
We look forward to celebrating the holiday season with you in Shelby Township and, hopefully soon, in Royal Oak! Cheers!
Cortney & Shannon Casey
Owners, Michigan By The Bottle Tasting Room